Volunteers are wanted at the following organisations:
Country Health Connect is currently seeking volunteer applications in the areas of:
- Day Care Centre:
* Assistant—Friday’s (8:45am to 3pm)
* Reading Assistant
* Relief Bus Driver—1 Volunteer position
*Permanent Bus Driver—2 Volunteer positions
* Ward Packs & Laminating—Monday & Wednesday (8am to 12pm)
* Naracoorte and Millicent Country Health Connect
- Renal Driver & Drivers
* Relief Driver x1
* Permanent Driver (Tuesday am & pm)
* Permanent Driver (Thursday am & pm)
* Permanent Driver (Friday am—Millicent)
* Hospital Kitchen Shopping (Wednesday mornings 9am—11:30am)
- Ward Visits:
* Monday * Tuesday x2 * Wednesday * Thursday x2 * Friday
- Renal Driver x1
- Hospital Guides
This program will run from the front doors of the Hospital and Community Health on a 5 day roster (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 8:20am to 4:40pm. The Guides will assist patients or consumers entering the building to their desired location (e.gl. A consumer enters Community Health and ask where Maternity is, the Guide will show the consumer to the Maternity Ward), whilst the patient or consumer are being guided around the hospital, the Guide will have a friendly chat and ask a consumer engagement question (e.g. How did you find the parking?; How did you find the signage?). They will be required to note that response down so that it can be provided to management. In quiet times, the volunteer would be more than welcome to read a book, play on their iPad or go to the kiosk to get a drink or something to eat.
* Monday to Friday
* 20 volunteers required
* Split shifts (8:20am to 12:30pm and 12:00pm to 4:40pm)
- Friends of ED (FEDs)
This program will run in our Emergency Department (ED) on a 7 day roster between the hours of 10am and 9:30pm. The FED’s will be an additional support within our ED for patients, families, friends and clinical staff. The FED’s will be responsible for sitting with a patient or family/friends of a patient, getting warm blankets, refreshments or food (please note volunteers will not be permitted to feed patients), assisting in the ED waiting area to keep patients calm and ensure the waiting are is tidy and presentable. Our main aim with this volunteer program is to assist the patients and their family or friends to have a much better ED experience and allow our clinical staff to assist other patients.
* Monday to Sunday
* 23 volunteers required
* Split shifts (9:50am to 2:00pm; 1:30pm to 6:00pm; 5:30pm to 9:40pm)
* Penola based meet and greet group on Monday afternoon’s
* A male volunteer on a Thursday
* A volunteer to provide Felting and Crafting
For more information, call Amy Watt, at Country Health Connect, Wehl Street North, on 8721 1460 or
Email: email@example.com or visit our website: www.countryhealthconnect.sa.gov.au
Lifeline South East SA is currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Telephone Crisis Supporter
Lifeline South East SA are looking for as many volunteers as possible who have good self-awareness, a cool head, and a warm heart. This will be carried out over 7 days, generally in shifts, in Mt Gambier.
* 7 days, in shifts from 6:00am—10:00pm
- Telephone Crisis Supporter/Co-ordinator
* Skills required are Mandatory Lifeline Training Course, Mental Health First Aid, and ASIST
(These will be provided).
* 15-20 volunteer required
* Monday—Friday ongoing, between 8:00am and 10:00pm, 3 hour shifts on roster
For more information, contact Jeff Hodge, at Lifeline South East SA, 5 Mark Street, Mt Gambier, on 08 873 2299, fax 8725 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lifeline Shop Co-ordinator
These positions require volunteers with retail skills and duties, and will be ongoing, on a roster system at each of the Lifeline Shops listed.
* Located at Naracoorte, 8-10 Ormerod Street
* Monday—Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm; Saturday 9:00am to 12:00pm
* 10 volunteers required
For more information, contact Ann Redding, at 8-10 Ormerod Street, Naracoorte, on 8723 2299, or email email@example.com
- Lifeline Shop Co-ordinators
* Located at Millicent, 53 Davenport Street
* Monday—Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm; Saturday 9:00am—12:00pm* Mount Gambier, 3 Gray Street
* Monday—Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm; Saturday 9:30am—12:30pm
* 10 volunteers required
For more information, contact Patricia Corner, at 53 Davenport Street, Millicent, on 08 8723 2299, fax 8725 1200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lifeline Warehouse Supervisor
This position requires volunteers to be skilled in sorting, driving and fork-lift driving, and will be ongoing, on a roster system
* Located at Mount Gambier, 313 Commercial Street West
* Monday—Thursday, 8:00am to 12:30pm
* 10 volunteers required
For more information, contact Chris Hastie, at 313 Commercial Street West, Mount Gambier, on 8723 2299, fax 8725 1200, or email email@example.com
Australian Red Cross SE is seeking volunteers in the following positions, which require a DCSI check:
- Experienced Office Support
This position requires a high level of experience in excel programs, interpersonal skills, and general administration.
* Located at 49 Helen Street, Mount Gambier (Regional Office)
* Days to be negotiated, although these days are required to be full days
- Volunteer Drivers
Drivers are needed to transport clients across the SE, who have interpersonal skills, confidentiality, and are a competent driver. Long distance driving could also be involved:
* Several volunteers required
* Drivers Licence necessary
* Days are negotiable, depending on demand.
This position requires a volunteer who likes people, as well as a chat, maintains confidentiality, and has computer experience.
* Days are negotiable, with a shift being 1½ hours long.
* Daily welfare calls to be made to clients between 7:30am—9:00am
* Located in Mount Gambier, at 49 Helen Street, where these calls are required to be made from.
For more information, contact Raelene Monger, at the Australian Red Cross Regional Office, 49 Helen Street, Mount Gambier, on 8725 3622, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Special requirements needed for some programs and training provided in all areas.